Steps for the Activity
We believe that peer-to-peer activities are the most powerful way to facilitate interaction, build networks, and collaborate. Successful activities are:
- Participatory: Engaging and activating participants from the beginning and getting them making and doing, rather than listening and watching.
- Purposeful: Working toward meaningful goals.
- Productive: Well-planned so that concrete outcomes are achieved in the allotted time, and participants feel time was well spent.
Pose some questions: What interests you? What is a story you would like to tell about it if you could? What exists on the web to help you make that story? Video? Images, Audio?
- Go to Popcorn.webmaker.org
- Sign in so you can save your project!
- Click on the "Search for Media" tab and search for media related to your topic
- Drag and drop the media into the timeline on the left
- Go to the Events tab and add text, maps or 3D models that help to tell your story
- Review the story in the timline. What does its say? Drag media you've added